Final Filtration, Gland Service Water, Platinum Mine
Kleerflo Automatic Self-Cleaning Filter
Client: African Rainbow Minerals
Region: Mpumalanga, South Africa
Product: CS5E2, 2 units
Installation Date: 2007
- Mines recycle process water and use some of it for Gland Service Water (GSW).
- The recycled process water may have high suspended solids levels.
- The suspended solids cause damage to equipment.
- Specifically, dirty GSW will reduce the life of the slurry pump stuffing box components and gland packing.
- The mine required an automatic, self-cleaning filter that would provide an uninterrupted supply of service water.
- The requirement was for a filter that would be fit-for-purpose in the tough, uncompromising mining environment.
- Final Filtration / Gland Service Water (removal of solids to protect slurry pumps).
- Design of the Kleerflo filter is rooted in the principle of inherent simplicity:
- no rotating parts
- very few moving parts – no close tolerance elements
- no electric motor
- high quality, durable, stainless steel wedgewire screens
- Kleerflo filters are designed specifically for tough industrial applications.
- On trial 24/7/365 for more than 3 decades and still standing tall.
- Low maintenance- and running costs.
- Long uninterrupted filter runs, efficient filtration and filtrate in compliance with client acceptance standards.
- Integral processing of oversized particles – so no manual pre-screens required.
- The Mine installed 2 x Kleerflo Automatic Self-Cleaning Filters, model CS5E2, to remove suspended solids.
The efficient filtration resulted in reduced wear and tear on the gland and shaft seals, reducing maintenance costs
In 2019 the mine again decided on Kleerflo when they needed an automatic self-cleaning filter for a new application (model CS4E2).